The QuitGuide is a free application developed by MMG, Inc., for the Tobacco Control Research Branch of the National Cancer Institute (NCI). Written by tobacco control professionals and cessation counselors, with the help of ex-smokers and experts, this app is designed to help you prepare to quit smoking and support you in the days and weeks after you quit.
The app allows you to search for content using keywords, save specific pages as favorites, and share information you are reading via Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail. It also provides insight into what to expect when you quit, and how to deal with problems that may come up in your journey to be smokefree.
Being prepared, having information at the ready, and staying connected to a larger online community can help get you through the hard times.
iTunes Direct Link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/quitguide/id411766556?mt=8
Smokefree.gov is intended to help you or someone you care about quit smoking.
Different people need different resources as they try to quit. The information and professional assistance available on this Web site can help to support both your immediate and long-term needs as you become, and remain, a nonsmoker.
Smokefree.gov allows you to choose the help that best fits your needs. You can get immediate assistance in the form of:
- A step-by-step quit smoking guide
- Information about a wide range of topics related to smoking and quitting
- An interactive U.S. map highlighting smoking information in your state
- LiveHelp, National Cancer Institute's instant messaging service
- National Cancer Institute's telephone quitline, 1-877-44U-QUIT
- Local and state telephone quitlines, 1-800-QUIT-NOW
- Publications to download, print, or order
The Web site was created by the Tobacco Control Research Branch of the National Cancer Institute.